By Glyn Humphreys,Jane Riddoch
The case examine of John has supplied a distinct perception into the character of visible agnosia and extra generally into the underlying techniques which aid human imaginative and prescient. After anguish a stroke, John had difficulties in spotting universal gadgets, faces, seeing shades, examining and discovering his means round his surroundings. A Reader in visible Agnosia brings jointly the first medical papers describing the specific investigations for every visible challenge which the authors performed with John, referred to as sufferer HJA. This paintings was once summarised at first in To See yet to not See (1987), and 26 years later in A Case research in visible Agnosia Revisited (2013).
The chapters are divided into 6 elements resembling the major components of investigation:
- Integrative visible agnosia
- Perception of world form
- Face perception
- Colour perception
- Word recognition
- Changes over time
Each half encompasses a brief creation, written through the 2 major researchers who labored with John, which highlights the family members among the papers and demonstrates the pathway of the case research. The ebook could be useful to scholars and researchers in visible cognition, cognitive neuropsychology and imaginative and prescient neuroscience.
Read Online or Download A Reader in Visual Agnosia PDF
Best neuropsychology books
Publicity treatment is the best mental remedy for nervousness, but many clinicians lack self assurance of their skill to enforce it successfully whereas preserving consumers engaged. This necessary e-book presents guidance for engaging in exposure-based interventions and overcoming universal roadblocks.
Pressure is a common phenomenon that affects adversely on most folks. This quantity presents a easily obtainable compendium that specializes in the actual and mental effects of rigidity for people and society. medical cognizance makes a speciality of problems of the strain regulate method (e. g. Cushing’s Syndrome: Addison’s sickness) and the hostile influence of tension on human actual and psychological overall healthiness.
Neuropsychopharmacology: A Tribute to Joseph T. Coyle is a brand new quantity from Advances in Pharmacology featuring reports of modern breakthroughs in glutamate pharmacology and a tribute to at least one of the main influential neuroscientists of our occasions. With numerous chapters and the simplest authors within the box, the amount is a vital source for pharmacologists, immunologists, and biochemists alike.
Choked with functional instruments and examples, this state of the art workbook presents a holistic framework for helping consumers with bought mind harm. Clinicians are guided to set and meet collaborative therapy objectives in response to a shared realizing of the strengths and desires of consumers and their family.
- Contemporary and Emergent Theories of Agrammatism: A neurolinguistic approach
- When Someone You Love Suffers from Posttraumatic Stress: What to Expect and What You Can Do
- Clinical Voice Disorders, Book + DVD
- Enhancing Performance for Action and Perception: Multisensory integration, Neuroplasticity and Neuroprosthetics, Part I: 191 (Progress in Brain Research)
- Wie das Gehirn "Wirklichkeit" konstruiert: Zur Neuropsychologie des realistischen, fiktionalen und metaphysischen Denkens (German Edition)
- Dreams and Dreaming (International Review of Neurobiology)
Additional info for A Reader in Visual Agnosia
A Reader in Visual Agnosia by Glyn Humphreys,Jane Riddoch
- Introduction to Lipidomics: From Bacteria to Man by Claude Leray PDF
- Download e-book for kindle: Die Kommunikationsgemeinschaft zwischen Politik und Medien by Adeline Kerekes